- Memorial Day is Monday, May 30th, and MSSA will host a pot-luck dinner at the range. Bring your favorite side dish and join us at 12:00 PM.
- The Multi-gun match scheduled for Saturday May 21st at 10:00 AM has been cancelled.
- Please note that 2016 SCTP matches will be held at MSSA on April 23rd, (District Shoot), and on June 4th (Regional Shoot). The Skeet and Trap fields will be closed during these SCTP matches.
- Don’t forget the Shotgun Shooter on Wednesdays. The first Wed. of the month is Trap, the second Wed. is Skeet, and the third Wed. is Sporting Clays. Meet at the MSSA clubhouse at 9:00 AM. For more information, Download the Schedule.
- MSSA IDPA routine schedule is the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. Please download and review the MSSA-IDPA Match Procedures.
- Air pistol competition has returned to MSSA Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Memphis Sport Shooting Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the training of its members in the safe and proper use of firearms for sporting purposes. In time of war or national emergency, our members form an effective agency for training those eligible for military service in the use of firearms.
MSSA is affiliated with the National Rifle Association and with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. It was incorporated in 1986. MSSA was previously the Memphis Rifle and Revolver Association, which was incorporated in 1936.
The MSSA range is conveniently located a short driving distance from Memphis at 9428 Old Brownsville Road, Lakeland, TN 38002. The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers a Cowboy Action Shooting range, a 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle range, 8 skeet fields, 10 trap fields, two five stands, an action/practical pistol range, a 60 yard archery range, a 10 station sporting clay course, a 200 – 300 yard hi-power range, and a 200, 300, 500 and 600 yard rifle range. Each of these areas are equipped with separate target storage facilities, and where necessary, are partitioned with high earthen berms to ensure safety. Overhead baffles on the 50 and 100 yard ranges prevent a misdirected shot from escaping the firing area. Firing is restricted entirely to proper paper targets, or approved silhouette targets correctly hung in appropriate firing areas. Plinking or firing at cans, bottles, etc., is strictly prohibited. Indoor restrooms are provided at the clubhouse and on the covered firing line of the rifle and pistol ranges.
Note: MSSA club rules require that all shooters on the firing line utilize eye and ear protection.
The MSSA office is located in the clubhouse. The range and office are open seven days a week from 8:00 AM until sunset. We are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.