- The Action Pistol Range will be closed Monday October 15th through Sunday October 23rd for the Charity Challenge Shoot.
- Please join us for the Bluff City Open Skeet Tournament which has been rescheduled for October 28th - 30th.
- Randy Brownlee of Southern Reloading Supplies will be at the Bluff City Open Skeet Tournament selling reloading supplies, ammo and other shooting supplies. He would like to let all shotgun, pistol, rifle and cowboy shooters know that he will will have his trailer on site and will have his “normal” inventory with him, but if there is something specific to a particular shooting discipline that you need, please email, email@example.com and he can bring it with him. Randy has all types of primers, powder, bullets, shot, shells, etc. Just let him know what you need.
- Don’t forget the Shotgun Shooter on Wednesdays. The first Wed. of the month is Trap, the second Wed. is Skeet, and the third Wed. is Sporting Clays. Meet at the MSSA clubhouse at 9:00 AM. For more information, Download the Schedule.
- MSSA IDPA matches are held on 2nd Saturday of each month. Please download and review the MSSA-IDPA Match Procedures.
- Air Pistol Competition has returned to MSSA Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Memphis Sport Shooting Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the training of its members in the safe and proper use of firearms for sporting purposes. In time of war or national emergency, our members form an effective agency for training those eligible for military service in the use of firearms.
MSSA is affiliated with the National Rifle Association and with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. It was incorporated in 1986. MSSA was previously the Memphis Rifle and Revolver Association, which was incorporated in 1936.
The MSSA range is conveniently located a short driving distance from Memphis at 9428 Old Brownsville Road, Lakeland, TN 38002. The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers a Cowboy Action Shooting range, a 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle range, 8 skeet fields, 10 trap fields, two five stands, an action/practical pistol range, a 60 yard archery range, a 10 station sporting clay course, a 200 – 300 yard hi-power range, and a 200, 300, 500 and 600 yard rifle range. Each of these areas are equipped with separate target storage facilities, and where necessary, are partitioned with high earthen berms to ensure safety. Overhead baffles on the 50 and 100 yard ranges prevent a misdirected shot from escaping the firing area. Firing is restricted entirely to proper paper targets, or approved silhouette targets correctly hung in appropriate firing areas. Plinking or firing at cans, bottles, etc., is strictly prohibited. Indoor restrooms are provided at the clubhouse and on the covered firing line of the rifle and pistol ranges.
Note: MSSA club rules require that all shooters on the firing line utilize eye and ear protection.
The MSSA office is located in the clubhouse. The range and office are open seven days a week from 8:00 AM until sunset. We are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.