- MSSA will host the Tennessee Mid-Range State Prone/F-Class Combined Championship on October 24th - 25th, 2020. Complete details are available at midsouthfclass.com and you can enter the competition on the sign-up page.
- Please note that the MSSA is currently open for business and scheduled matches from the 2020 calendar have resumed. However, all participants must abide by all recommended social distancing measures.
- The MSSA no longer has WiFI available at the range.
- Visit the new Midsouth F-Class/Mid-Range Prone website for the latest information regarding this discipline's match procedures and scores.
- Auto Fire Notice: All stocks and triggers that simulate auto fire on pistols and rifles must go through safety validation for use on MSSA property.
- The Muzzleloaders will begin shooting on the west 100 yard range closest to the maintenance building from 12:00 - 4:00 PM on every first Sunday of the month.
- MSSA IDPA matches are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Please download and review the MSSA-IDPA Match Procedures.
- Don't forget the Shotgun Shooter on Wednesdays. The first Wednesday of the month is Trap, the second Wednesday is Skeet, and the third Wednesday is Sporting Clays. Meet at the MSSA clubhouse at 9:00 AM. For more information Download the Schedule.
- Air Pistol Competition has returned to MSSA Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Memphis Sport Shooting Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the training of its members in the safe and proper use of firearms for sporting purposes. In time of war or national emergency, our members form an effective agency for training those eligible for military service in the use of firearms.
MSSA is affiliated with the National Rifle Association and with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. It was incorporated in 1986. MSSA was previously the Memphis Rifle and Revolver Association, which was incorporated in 1936.
The MSSA range is conveniently located a short driving distance from Memphis at 9428 Old Brownsville Road, Lakeland, TN 38002. The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers a Cowboy Action Shooting range, a 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle range, 8 skeet fields, 10 trap fields, two five stands, an action/practical pistol range, a 60 yard archery range, a 10 station sporting clay course, a 200 – 300 yard hi-power range, and a 200, 300, 500 and 600 yard rifle range. Each of these areas are equipped with separate target storage facilities, and where necessary, are partitioned with high earthen berms to ensure safety. Overhead baffles on the 50 and 100 yard ranges prevent a misdirected shot from escaping the firing area. Firing is restricted entirely to proper paper targets, or approved silhouette targets correctly hung in appropriate firing areas. Plinking or firing at cans, bottles, etc., is strictly prohibited. Indoor restrooms are provided at the clubhouse and on the covered firing line of the rifle and pistol ranges.
Note: MSSA club rules require that all shooters on the firing line utilize eye and ear protection.
The MSSA office is located in the clubhouse. The range and office are open seven days a week from 8:00 AM until sunset. We are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.