- MSSA will host the Shooter of the Year Tournament on Wednesday, October 18th, thru Sunday, October 22nd. Please note that the 600 yard range will be closed during this time.
- Please check-in with the MSSA main office for available trap & skeet fields during the upcoming Bluff City Skeet Tournament scheduled for October 27th-29th.
- Beginning Wednesday August 30th, at the covered range, both 100 yard ranges will be open! The 50 yard range will remain closed until further notice. A temporary 10 yard pistol range will be open at the 200-300 yard range.
- The 600 yard line will be closed from October 27th - 29th for the MRP State Championships & the Bluff City Skeet Tournament.
- MSSA will implement a limited use, temporary 10 yard line, during the rebuild of the Covered Line Berm. The 7-15 yard pistol line is presently closed.
- The next ATA Trap shoot will take place on Sunday, November 5th. Click Here for the Flyer.
- The Muzzleloaders will begin shooting on the west 100 yard range closest to the maintenance building from 1200 - 4:00 PM on every first Sunday of the month.
- The .22 Bench Rest Matches regularly scheduled on Wednesdays will be postponed until further notice due to construction.
- MSSA IDPA matches are held on 2nd Saturday of each month. Please download and review the MSSA-IDPA Match Procedures.
- Don't forget the Shotgun Shooter on Wednesdays. The first Wednesday of the month is Trap, the second Wednesday is Skeet, and the third Wednesday is Sporting Clays. Meet at the MSSA clubhouse at 9:00 AM. For more information Download the Schedule.
- Air Pistol Competition has returned to MSSA Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM.
Memphis Sport Shooting Association, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the training of its members in the safe and proper use of firearms for sporting purposes. In time of war or national emergency, our members form an effective agency for training those eligible for military service in the use of firearms.
MSSA is affiliated with the National Rifle Association and with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. It was incorporated in 1986. MSSA was previously the Memphis Rifle and Revolver Association, which was incorporated in 1936.
The MSSA range is conveniently located a short driving distance from Memphis at 9428 Old Brownsville Road, Lakeland, TN 38002. The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers a Cowboy Action Shooting range, a 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle range, 8 skeet fields, 10 trap fields, two five stands, an action/practical pistol range, a 60 yard archery range, a 10 station sporting clay course, a 200 – 300 yard hi-power range, and a 200, 300, 500 and 600 yard rifle range. Each of these areas are equipped with separate target storage facilities, and where necessary, are partitioned with high earthen berms to ensure safety. Overhead baffles on the 50 and 100 yard ranges prevent a misdirected shot from escaping the firing area. Firing is restricted entirely to proper paper targets, or approved silhouette targets correctly hung in appropriate firing areas. Plinking or firing at cans, bottles, etc., is strictly prohibited. Indoor restrooms are provided at the clubhouse and on the covered firing line of the rifle and pistol ranges.
Note: MSSA club rules require that all shooters on the firing line utilize eye and ear protection.
The MSSA office is located in the clubhouse. The range and office are open seven days a week from 8:00 AM until sunset. We are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.